Well we’re long overdue in discussing this, but it’s now time for us to talk about the upcoming Rooster Teeth Expo happening in Austin, TX. RTX is a two-day event taking place July 7th and 8th at the Austin Convention Center; hosted by the fine fellows over at Rooster Teeth. You might know the name Rooster Teeth because they are the gentle Internet deities behind the popular web-series Red vs. Blue as well a varying multitude of awesome Internet stuff.
Why the extreme excitement for RTX all of a sudden? Well, because Constantly Calibrating will be at RTX in two weeks providing all sorts of interviews and video coverage of the event. We’re still working out the details of what exactly we’ll be able to bring you, but rest assured that we’ll bring you the same class and quality you have come to expect of us over the last few months. So…keeping your expectations low might be wise. Just kidding…maybe.
RTX is the brainchild of the great minds at Rooster Teeth, the team behind the longest running web series of all time, Red vs. Blue. Rooster Teeth created RTX to bring game companies, gamers and online video lovers together for one great weekend in Austin, TX. RTX is all about playing new games and creating new online content. This year RTX will be open to the public for the first time and will give attendees the opportunity to play games, interact with one another and sit in on panels about creating online content led by industry experts including the Rooster Teeth team.
RTX is also going to be the next event where people will be able to demo the upcoming game, you might have heard of, Halo 4. Yes, that’s right; if you attend RTX you’ll have an oppurtunity to get your hands on the next in the Halo series before anyone else. “Attendees will get the chance to play against each other at RTX and the winners may even get a chance to play against a team of Rooster Teeth employees on the main stage in the exhibit hall.” Now doesn’t that sound frelling sweet?!
A veritable smorgasbord of exhibitors will be featured at the convention, including: Edge of Reality; IGDA Austin; Minicore Studios; Penny Arcade; Robot Entertainment; Twisted Pixel; and many, many more.
Confirmed Special guests announced for RTX include
- Rocco, Derrick, Shawn, Garrett, and Eric from Mega64
- Hannah Hart from My Drunk Kitchen
- Grace Helbig from Daily Grace
- Milana and Stevie from Live Prude Girls
- Adam Montoya, aka SeaNanners
- Stephen Toulouse, aka Stepto
- Ryan Wyatt from Fwiz Gaming Live
- Jesse Cowell from Jeskid TV
- Justine Ezarik, aka iJustine
- Kent Nichols from blip.tv
- Jason Saldaña, the voice of “Tucker” on Red vs. Blue
- Jenn Brown, the voice of “Agent Carolina” on Red vs. Blue
- John Erler, the voice of “Agent North” on Red vs. Blue
- John Reed, the voice of the “Director” on Red vs. Blue
- Samantha Ireland, the voice of “Agent C.T.” on Red vs. Blue
- Shannon McCormick, the voice of “Agent Washington” on Red vs. Blue
- Yomary Cruz, the voice of “Sheila the Tank” on Red vs. Blue
RTX Weekend Passes are on sale online through the end of today, June 22nd for $45 plus taxes and fees. If you’re interested in going and still haven’t purchased tickets, then look into doing it now. Why, you ask? Well because at the door tickets will cost you $60, which is at least $15 more than it would cost to buy now. Seriously, go buy them now, we’ll wait.
Not actually sure why we were waiting…we’re done here. But do stay tuned to the site and our next podcast (recording tomorrow) for a further RTX announcement from your fine friends at Constantly Calibrating. (We are friends, right?)